Monday, February 20, 2006

2276







Finally a weekend away. Well, not really even a whole weekend, but I'll take a good long Saturday and most of Sunday. Laconner was quaint and charming as ever. There are new " innkeepers " at The Wild Iris so we were a bit curious as to the changes they may have made, but it was as wonderful as we remember. In another month or so the tulips will be popping up everywhere ! There is nothing quite like spring in Skagit Valley. We usually go in February, but someday we'll take The Clipper over for a day trip if only to take pictures !

Life has been busy. Mostly I think it's because I'm working a little more and I seem to be commuting A LOT more. My day gets sucked into this drive/work/drive vacuum and I just know there's SO MUCH more I could be doing with my time and my life. I am still volunteering on Thursdays for a couple hours, and I have joined a soccer team that begins this March ! THAT oughta be interesting ! I played for years as a young person, but ever since that fateful last day of RUGBY ( a wrecked knee AND a small ROCK imbedded in the back of my head !! ), I haven't done any competitive sport. This should be more fun and exercise than anything else, but we'll see !

Just saw " 8 BELOW " this afternoon ! What a great movie! I think I cried about four or five different times ! Really good show. We also managed to watch one of our DVD's in Laconner ... " In Her Shoes ". LOVED that one too ! We're two for two on the movie front !

Besides being back at work tomorrow I'm looking forward to a good week !

No comments: