Sunday, September 24, 2006

2700


















This is the time of year I like to call " leaf season ". For as much as I absolutely love the towering, beautiful birch tree in my front yard ( and one in the back, too ) I dread fall and the loss of all those leaves. It creates the need for endless raking. And it's not the kind of job that is easy or particularly satisfying. By the time you get most of them raked up, the tools put away, and take a nice hot shower, the yard is covered again in golden droplets. You look in amazement at the blanket of leaves and you just know Mother Nature is somewhere just a hootin' and a hollerin' with delight ! Ahhhh, such is fall. It really IS a pain to rake so often, but the truth is, the leaves are really beautiful in their own way. I suppose if they weren't also blowing into my neighbors yard I might leave them be, and just do the job once !















Aside from the onset of fall, not much happening today. Still waiting for Dad's appointment on Tuesday. I trust that it will be revealing in some respect although if I know the health care system, we may not know much THAT DAY. It's been nerve-wracking to say the least. Keep a good thought *

Today will be spent mowing the lawn and trimming the roses. The Seahawks play the Giants and it will be a good test to see just how good they are I'll be parked on the couch for that game regardless of the beckoning sunshine outside. I also still have my Art-O-Mat project to complete. I'm about a third of the way there. FIFTY is a lot of pieces ! I expect that once I really get on a roll that it will go quickly. But art takes time. It can't be rushed. Letters need to be written too. I know I am dreadfully behind on that. I've been sending a few postcards, but not as many as I'd like. My PX friend George is about to become a neighbor ! She and her husband are leaving next week and should be here on the weekend ! It still feels a little awkward as the ether becomes real life, but that awkwardness will pass. They will love Seattle, methinks ! They'll be living very near downtown, in a fun part of the city. Hopefully I can hustle George at pool at The Garage ( bar/pool hall ) ... I haven't been there for years, and it's in the neighborhood.

I'll be back later with a Sunday Scribbling post !

No comments: