Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me !














From what I understand, this snow and ice are the product of some weird " catalytic-mojo-juju-vibe " from George. Not sure quite how she channeled this extreme weather stuff, but it IS making for an interesting month so far. Last night's commute took me 4 hours ! The major Interstate ( I-405 ) was an absolute skating rink. I'm lucky to have made it home in one piece. As much as I think I'd like a new car, I have to say that my 1998 Honda is a godsend in times like these.

It's my birthday today and I'm celebrating by staying home ! I called into work and they are very understanding about my unwillingness to commute IN to work today. I am certainly not alone. It will be an interesting day at most P.O's. The trucks need to get IN before the mail can go out. That, in and of itself, will be a big challenge. The news cycles throughout the day will be filled with traffic and weather reports. As for me ... I'll be staying IN. I will get to decorate the house and tree today, get my Christmas stuff organized, and maybe even kick back and write a letter or two.

It's actually an ideal way to spend my birthday*

We will celebrate with my family on Saturday night, and Kelly and I have our Portland trip planned over HER birthday weekend.

* Brief update to the statement about my " very understanding " boss. The Station Manager called me just now and tried to " bully " me into coming in. Now THAT'S more like the P.O I know !

1 comment:

core said...

Happy belated!
Well done on not being bullied into going into work... it was your day to do with as you wished. Sounds like it was a lovely one. :)
~blueness