Monday, September 26, 2005

1920





It's been awhile. Sometimes it's hard to find the balance it takes to keep a journal. I always figured an online one would be simpler. No scrounging for "just the right pen", or "just the right paper" or "just the right place". No empty pages staring you down as you try to begin.

But it's really all about time and priorities. ( There is still the question of pen ( font ), paper ( photo or not ??), and location ( I'm wireless, I can use any room ). Oh, and a blank screen is just as daunting as a blank page. )

Time and priority.

I wrestle with that. I always have. I love my PX site, but sometimes I spend TOO much time actually ON the site and not enough time sending mail. And even though I'm online, it's sooooo hard just to steer away for a minute and log an entry here. I find myself reading other blogs, commenting and cycling through all the other sites I frequent.

I'll do better.

Fall is when I settle down a bit. I don't have any more time, but I seem to narrow my focus a bit. Why, just today I noticed how leaves are beginning to change around me. I'll probably start taking an even longer route to work ( Egads ! ) just so I can bear witness to this change in the season. Highway 18 winds up to Tiger Mountain and then trails off onto the Interstate. In between where I live and that interesection at the Interstate is the most glorious scenery. So many trees. So many beautiful reminders of Mama Nature, when so many bad reminders are still lingering ...

Here's my suggestions this week: Rent CRASH.
Make a donation to your local food bank.
Notice the trees ...

And remember today : " The only thing that has to be finished by next Tuesday is next Monday "

No comments: