Tuesday, July 11, 2006

2544
















I've been working to try to rescue the backyard from certain death. The trees give great shade, but kill the grass. I can't commit to the constant watering it would take for even the possibility of keeping it alive. I'm not a huge " bark " fan, but it's the perfect solution for the summer. I tore up much of the lawn in back and I'm trying to reshape things. I have some bird feeders, but too many other critters are getting into them, so I'll have to switch to something else. Maybe a good birdbath and lots of chimes !

The bench is the next project. It's unstable, but a great addition to that spot under the tree. The plan is to paint the wood slats and possibly even the iron frame. I am enlisting the help of Nat and Blake, so it will be a great artistic collaboration ! I'm looking forward to a " riot of color " !

Nothing much else going on. A bit of drama in the family but I'm trying to stay a bit detached from it. Been there, done that, you know ? Been listening to the new Dixie Chicks CD and I just LOVE it ! It's no secret that I agree with their views on Georgie and his war ... but aside from that, it's an awesome listen !

Soccer on hold due to a terrible sciatic nerve issue. Acupuncture tomorrow ... hoping it helps give me some much needed relief ! Tried the chiropractor, but no luck this time. My last resort will be a regular doc who is quick to prescribe physical therapy and drugs ... ughh. Terrible choice. I'm not stupid. I can find ways to manage the " symptoms " ... I need someone to help me resolve the cause.

Sixteen days from vacation. The countdown is on ...

1 comment:

georgeious said...

i have been staring in envy at this photo of your yard for days now. ah, to have such a lovely oasis. you lucky girl.