Thursday, July 10, 2008

Today ... a little peace






















Denny Creek is a place I remember from back in my childhood days. I remember going there with groups of family members and having parties that lasted all day. I remember the tables and the banks of the creek and all the logs ... I remember skipping stones across the tamer parts and throwing boulders in the rushing waters to see if we could alter the flow. I think that's sorta why I went today ... to see if I could alter the flow of my crazy life. And I succeeded, if only for a short while ...

Work just sucks. No point complaining about it. Most folks don't believe it all when I tell them anyway. Suffice to say it's trending in a direction that demands great altering. Thank god for places like Denny Creek and Asahel Curtis ! Now if only I had a hiking companion who could guide me to the Alpine Lakes. Now that would be nirvana ... until then, I am careful treading water trying desperately not to drown ...

No comments: