Wednesday, October 11, 2006

2753














I don't think we always understand when people say "stop and smell the roses " . It's this metaphor for " slow down " ...but it can be very effective at putting things in a new perspective. I shot this rose a couple weeks ago in my front yard. I fed them one last time before fall settles in and they bloomed into these magnificent flowers. I have actually been taking time to really tend them ...to see that they have enough water, food and that they are fully and duly appreciated. And I have been rewarded ...

in other news ...

I've fallen off a bit this past couple weeks. Dad is back in the hospital after a nasty emergency surgery to remove a very sick gall bladder. We keep hoping he will see some improvement but so far his recovery is quite slow. Please keep praying for him and keeping the good, positive thoughts headed our direction. I worry as much about my Mom, too. Maybe ask your God to give a little " shout out " to her too.

We have spent hours at the hospital. It looks like he'll be there until at least Friday, maybe longer. We've seen many different nurses come and go, some have really touched our lives in a way that has made it just a little easier to cope. I have a great appreciation for the good ones. People who have a gentleness about them. People who remember they are dealing with fragile human beings. Fragile physically,emotionally and sometimes spiritually. It takes a special kind of person to be a GOOD nurse. Anyone could go through the motions ... anyone can fluff a pillow and change a bedpan ... the ones who have managed to keep their humanity have my undying gratitude and respect.

My other " family situation " is parked in neutral somewhere. It's probably for the best. Not much else I can say at the moment.

Kelly is working on a few projects, but is planning to look for something more regular with regard to employment. Also probably for the best. With some consistency we can budget and plan. Without anything consistent, it's almost impossible to plan responsibly and THAT makes me crazy ! Put some good energy out in the Universe for her, too.

I'll check back in soon. Off again today and headed up to the hospital !

No comments: