Friday, October 27, 2006

The CHICKS !













The Dixie Chicks have a documentary being released today called " Shut Up and Sing ". It chronicles their rise and fall over the course of the past few years. You'll remember that Natalie made a comment at one point about being ashamed the President was from Texas. She's not the only one who felt that way, but at the time she was the only one brave enough to say it aloud. BRAVO to the Dixie Chicks and a great big THANK YOU for having the courage to stand up for free speech in this country.

I've been struggling this week with balance. It's not always easy to achieve when you're so far out of it. I'm trying to keep everything in my world in perspective but I feel like I'm failing miserably. There is just NO GOOD REASON why I shouldn't be enjoying my life more. I just feel like I'm really out of balance inside and I'm struggling with how to bring myself back. I'll try acupuncture. It usually helps restore a sense of order to my chaotic insides. I am reading a book given me by George the other night, which while in some respects feels a bit over my head, in other respects feels very insightful and restorative on a level that really needs the lift. ( Thanks again, George * ) . I'm also trying to get enough sleep.

I'm off the next few days. I'm dreading a family get-together tomorrow, but am focusing today on detaching from some of the more negative feelings I have with regard to the whole evening. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the kids. Seems like it's been ages ...

No comments: