Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Some Positive Notes














In spite of the growing number of dead in IRAQ ( 2782 today ) I thought I'd balance my last post with a few things that are of positive note. Always, there are many, many things to be grateful for and to feel hopeful about.

So ... in no particular order :

Dad came home Monday night* It's been a grueling month for him ( and all of us ) but I believe he has turned the corner and is doing great !

We saw the kids, if only briefly, over the weekend and they seem to be doing just wonderful !

Work has allowed me some time to care for my family during this transition.

Kelly is moving forward and has her first networking job !

I'll get some time in the next few days to catch up on letters and phone calls.

The weather has been perfect lately ... mild with some rain and sun and a bit of a breeze. I do love the fall weather ...

Since I've not heard otherwise, I am assuming my ultrasound was just fine and I'm as good as I can be !

I'm hopeful there will be changes in November by way of elections.

We have two pumpkins sitting on our front porch ... one a nice orange one and one white one, which is just too cool !

I just rediscovered my voodoo doll ...

We'll be seeing Gramps today ... he broke his wrist last Friday and needs to be fitted for a sling and have it cast on Friday. I'll post an update on him on PX later.

I woke up again this morning. That's always a miracle to me. And next to me was Kelly, whom I am so lucky to have. I drank good coffee, stumbled onto the driveway of my great house to get the paper, and realize that I have dozens of things to be grateful for before I really even begin my day !

Now, if there could only be PEACE in the world ....

No comments: