Monday, May 16, 2005

Monday, Monday ... can't trust that day ...

Another Monday. Actually, since I have tomorrow off it's sorta like a Saturday. Or a cross between. Like Monurday. Yeah, I'm going with that. Today I was wondering where all the fluffy cotton comes from. It's everywhere. It floats and blows and forms balls like snow. And it covers the tops of all the delightful buttercups that are popping up everywhere. I know it comes from cottonwood trees, but I honestly don't know which trees they actually are. I find myself wasting perfectly good work time squinting at all the trees, wondering which ones are losing their fluff . I'll keep you posted. I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone, so I'll keep squinting.
Bush is making me crazy. I can't believe the things I hear everyday. It is depressing. Really and truly depressing. I think about the state of the world, and even just my own little corner of it, and I feel stress. Honestly, I think about selling everything, quitting my job, and just leaving. I get this romanticized picture in my head about living in the hills ... no TV, no radio, no computer or phone. Of course I'd have to have a dog. A big one. And I'd definitely need to learn some better gardening skills. But it sounds better than the hateful, fearful rhetoric that permeates EVERYTHING ! There's really no way to say how I feel sometimes. Maybe it's that I'm afraid. But not of what they think ...

No comments: