Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Wondering where Rosie is ...( really, HOW she is ...)

I've followed just for a few weeks now, Rosie O'Donnell's blog. Complete with pictures and a delightful stream of consciousness. But today it is poetic. And to me, that signals a shift ...

She is unreachable to those of us who are strangers. No comments allowed on the blog, no address to send a short letter. I always thought her and I would be great friends. I say that, not because I know her, but because I relate to the need to create. And that's it. And that's a LOT. Not everyone recognizes that driving need that stirs for weeks sometimes, and then suddenly, without warning .... it DEMANDS expression. It's the kind of insistence you might discourage in children. It's the kind of intensity that some choose to manage with drugs. It's what makes an artist who she is ...

So today I wonder about Rosie. I wish I could send her a small piece of art. I think it would mean something to her. Nothing expensive. Nothing terribly elaborate. Just something that represents that stirring inside of me, that only a kindred spirit would know ...

Sometimes it matters to have someone who knows...

No comments: